White Chocolate Mousse
White Chocolate Mousse is another sweet treat, perfect dessert for Valentine's Day.
Yield: Serves 4, depending on the size of the servings
- 1 cup (about 160 g) white chocolate, I used chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream or heavy cream (35%)
- 2 teaspoons unflavoured gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cold water and 4 tablespoons boiling water
Break the chocolate into pieces (if you don't use the chocolate chips) and place into a bowl.
In a small saucepan, heat the whipping cream until simmering. Pour the simmering cream over the chocolate and mix until smooth and evenly melted.
Add vanilla and stir. Let cool 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 4 tablespoons cold water and mix well. Add 4 tablespoons boiling water and stir constantly until completely dissolved.
Add the dissolved gelatin to slightly cooled chocolate-cream mixture and mix well. Spoon the white chocolate mousse into 4 serving cups and refrigerate until set.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...