Lemon Avocado on Pita Bread Recipe
This healthy Lemon Avocado Dip is an easy appetizer recipe to make and has a unique taste. It goes perfect with crunchy pita bread.
Yield: Makes 6 lemon avocado on pita breads
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 large pita bread, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper and salt to taste
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out avacado from the peel. Mash it with a fork. Add lemon juice, salt, chopped basil and sunflower kernels; combine well.
Heat the pita breads in the oven at 350 degrees F or in a toaster until crunchy. Place the avocado mixture on crunchy breads and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...