Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
These Ham and Cheese Quesadillas are great as an appetizer, lunch, dinner or even as a snack. It is a super quick meal to prepare that will bring a little taste of Mexico to your plate.
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 large flour tortillas (I used spinach tortillas)
- 1 green onion, both green and white parts, sliced
- 6-7 thin slices cooked ham (or smoked turkey), chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 3/4 cup medium salsa sauce (ready to use) or fresh salsa sauce (find the salsa sauce recipe under the sauce section)
- cooking spray
Lightly spray a pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place a tortilla into the pan. Spread the salsa sauce over half of the tortilla and top with cheese.
Then top with the ham, green onion and with a layer of cheese.
Slip spatula under the unfilled side, fold the tortilla over the filled side. Press down gently.
Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Remove the quesadilla to a cutting board, and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Using a large knife, cut the quesadilla into wedges.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...