Beet Salad Recipe
This easy Beet Salad adds a wonderful colour to a dinner table. This elegant Beet Salad works great as a side dish with grilled meats too.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 can (398 ml) sliced beets, drained and cut into even strips (or click for Cooking Fresh Beets recipe)
- 400 g fingerling potatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 300 g grape tomatoes
- feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
For dressing: mix the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set the dressing aside.
Wash the potatoes and put them into a pot. Pour water until potatoes are covered and bring to boil. Add a teaspoon salt and reduce heat to medium. Cover the pot and simmer until done - a fork can easily be poked through them. Drain water from potatoes, peel and slice them.
In a bowl combine the sliced potatoes, beets, grape tomatoes and black ripe olives. Sprinkle dressing over salad. Garnish with the feta cheese and serve.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...