If you are looking for a delicious stuffed pasta dish, make Beef Manicotti and enjoy. Beef Manicotti is a tasty and easy main dish recipe idea. You can use cannelloni instead of manicotti.
Yield: Serves 5-6
- 14-15 manicotti tubes
- 3-4 cups White Sauce or Bechemal Sauce
- 300 g extra lean ground beef
- 4-5 mushrooms, washed and finely chopped
- 4 hot dogs (wiener), diced
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves or dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups mild salsa sauce (ready to serve) or Fresh Tomato Salsa Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumb
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, add onions and fry until slightly golden. Add the ground beef and fry until the meat is well browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, hot dogs, turmeric powder, salt and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add green peppers, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes and salsa sauce; mix well and simmer uncovered until all the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Let the mixture cool then add bread crumb, dried oregano leaves, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese; mix well and set it aside.
Meanwhile bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti tubes and cook until tender but still firm to the bite (or follow the package instruction). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the manicotti tubes to a colander, drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a teaspoon, fill the manicotti tubes with the mixture. Spread a little cooking oil around the inside of a baking dish and transfer the manicotti tubes to the dish (you need more than one dish).
Pour the white sauce over them to cover completely and sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbling (30-40 minutes).
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...