Toot Confection, Persian Marzipan Mulberry Recipe
Toot confection or Persian Marzipan Mulberry is one of the Persian sweets, especially for Norooz (Iranian New Year). This recipe is so simple and is made with only a few ingredients. These toots are perfect with a cup of hot black tea.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 2/3 cups (about 170 g) unsalted skinless almonds (I used slivered almonds)
- 1 cup (about 120 g) icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar or confectioners' sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4-5 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons rosewater (you can find it at any Iranian store)
- slivered pistachios
Using a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine powder. In a bowl, mix the ground almonds, icing sugar, ground cardamom and rosewater. Using your hands, combine until you get soft dough.
Spread the white sugar on a plate.
Take a small piece of dough and shape into white mulberries and roll each in white sugar. Then insert a sliver of pistachio as a stem.
Arrange on a serving platter and serve with a cup of black tea. Store covered.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...