Tabbouleh or Tabouleh is a popular Middle Eastern salad made of bulgur, tomato, parsley, mint and lemon juice. It is the perfect salad for any lunch or dinner.
Yield: Serves 7
- 2/3 cup bulgur (cracked wheat), about 120 g
- 4 green onions, both green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 1/3 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & black pepper to taste
Soak the bulgur in salted (with 1 teaspoon salt) lukewarm water and let it stand in water for 1.30-2 hours or until softened. Drain in a strainer with fine mesh, pressing down with the back of a spoon to drain excess moisture.
In a large bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, bulgur salt and black pepper; mix well. Then add the tomatoes, parsley, green onions and mint; mix to combine. Taste the Tabouleh and adjust seasonings. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...