Sugar Plum Cookies Recipe
Try this simple Sugar Plum recipe, no baking required! Serve them in place of dessert with tea or coffee.
Yield: Makes 28 sugar plum cookies
- 1 cup almonds (about 100 g), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (about 50 g), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dried apricots (about 130 g)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (about 240 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar (also known as confectioners' sugar)
Combine honey, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom and nutmeg in a small bowl. Place the apricots and dates in the food processor. Pulse briefly until finely chopped and sticky. Place almonds, hazelnuts and apricots-dates mixture in a large bowl; mix well. Pour the spice mixture over and combine well.
To roll the sugar plums, pinch off about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a bite-size ball. Dust the sugar plums with icing sugar and refrigerate in single layer in airtight containers.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...