Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe
This easy-to-follow recipe for flavorful cheesy stuffed meatloaf is made with a combination of lean ground beef, fresh parsley, fresh basil, bread-crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, Mozzarella and spices. Serve this stuffed meatloaf with mashed potato or steamed vegetables and any kind of tomato sauce you like.
Yield: Serves 6
- 800-850 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped or grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- sundried tomato
- fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, use your hands to combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, parsley, grated tomato, turmeric, allspice, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the beef mixture on a parchment lined 11x15-inch baking sheet. Spread out the mixture evenly to cover parchment.
Arrange the sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves and mozzarella as much as you like on top of the meat.
Roll up jelly-roll fashion and place in a lightly greased 11x16-inch baking dish.
Mix ketchup and crushed tomato together and spread on top of the meatloaf. Bake the meatloaf in the oven for about 1 hour. Then top the meatloaf with cheddar and roast until cheese is melted and golden.
Let rest for 8-10 minutes. Then gently remove by lifting with a spatula to a serving plate, and slice to serve.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...