Quinoa and Beet Salad Recipe
Quinoa and Beet Salad is a tasty and simple veggie salad recipe, using quinoa, shredded cooked beets, black olive and cucumber pickles. This colorful salad is an easy and healthy salad recipe that can be served as a side dish or even as a simple lunch.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cooked beet (click for Cooking Fresh Beets recipe)
- 3/4 cup sliced black olive
- 1 cup diced cucumber pickles (not sweet)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, depends on your taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and give it a quick stir. Cover the saucepan, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-16 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded cooked beet, black olives and cucumber pickles. Stir in quinoa. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...