Green Bean Salad Recipe
This delicious Green Bean Salad is simple enough to assemble in minutes and elegant enough to serve to company.
Yield: Serves 4
- 350 g green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced (the freshest and firmest you can find)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or any kind if herb you like
- salt & black pepper to taste
To make dressing, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Drain and immediately place them in an ice-water for 2-3 minutes. Once cooled, drain the green beans and pat dry.
In a large bowl, toss the beans with half of the dressing and arrange on a serving platter. Layer the mushrooms on top. Sprinkle the sunflower kernels and parmesan cheese on top. Then drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...