Curried Chicken Mushroom Stew Recipe
If you're a fan of curried dishes and stews, try this Curried Chicken Mushroom Stew recipe.
Yield: Serves 5-6
- 700 g boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inches pieces
- 10 large mushrooms, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups White Sauce or Bechemal Sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and saute until slightly golden. Increase heat to medium-high. Add the chicken and saute until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add the turmeric powder and stir gently. Add water, curry powder, cumin ground and salt. Cover the pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water during cooking, if necessary.
Then add white sauce and mushrooms, cover the pot and cook until chicken and mushrooms are tender and stew is thickened. Serve with rice.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...