Chicken Salad with Herbs
Leftover cooked chicken breasts are ideal for making this chicken salad with fresh herbs, onion, sunflower kernels, and Mozzarella cheese. And for dressing I used plain yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. As with most salad recipes, it is easy to make it your own way and use whatever ingredients or flavors you like and you have at home. This chicken salad with herbs can be a full meal, and can be served as a lunch or a light dinner.
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 cups shredded Cooked Chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups torn romaine lettuce or kale
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Place shredded cooked chicken, Mozzarella cheese, lettuce (or kale), onion, basil, parsley, and sunflower kernels in a large bowl.
For dressing, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated. Serve immediately.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...