Carrot Fritters Recipe
These delicious vegetarian Carrot Fritters are perfect for a quick lunch or can be served as a vegetarian starter.
Yield: Makes 15-17 carrot fritters
- 450 g carrot (about 3 1/2 cups), washed, trimmed and grated (I used a food processor to grate)
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 10 green onions (about 1 1/2 cups), both green and white parts, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- canola oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Using your hands, squeeze out as much excess moisture from grated carrots as possible. Then place carrot, coriander, green onions, beaten eggs, garlic, flour and feta cheese in a medium bowl. Combine well. Season with salt and black pepper.
Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of mixture into the frying pan. Reduce heat to medium. Drop about 2 tablespoons carrot mixture into the frying pan. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
Fry for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through and golden-brown on both sides (let the fritters form a crust before you turn them over). Add more oil if necessary.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off excess oil. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with bread and fresh coriander.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...