Bell Peppers Chicken Stew Recipe
Here is the best recipe for delicious Bell Peppers Chicken Stew that is perfect for a family dinner. Serve Bell Peppers Chicken Stew with rice or bread.
Yield: Serves 5-6
- 750 g chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 8 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground angelica, also known as Golpar
- salt & black pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and fry for 8 minutes. Set aside.
Wash the chicken and cut into thin strips.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, fry until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high, add chickens and fry until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add the turmeric powder and crushed tomatoes and stir gently.
Then add water and bay leaf. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, angelica, salt and pepper and cook until chicken is cooked through and the desired thickness is reached, stirring occasionally.
At the end, add lemon juice. Taste for seasoning, add more salt and pepper if desired. Discard the bay leaf. Serve with rice or bread.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
You might also like these recipes...