Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip is a great and tasty recipe and one of my favourites. Next time you are looking for a crowd pleaser, make this artichoke & spinach dip and serve with pita bread triangles or tortillas.
Yield: Serves 5-6
- 5 cups finely chopped spinach, about 250 g
- 1 can (398 ml) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups White Sauce or Bechemal Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add chopped spinach and cook uncovered until completely cooked, stirring occasionally. Place spinach in colander and squeeze out all of the excess liquid in the spinach with the back of a spoon. Return the spinach to the pan. Add chopped artichoke and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Meanwhile make the white sauce. Remove from the heat, add the spinach-artichoke mixture and shredded mozzarella; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a baking dish. Place the baking dish on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes. Serve with pita bread triangles or tortillas.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...