Apple Crisp is on of my favorite desserts, you can use any variety of apple for this recipe. Apple crisp recipe is very simple and perfect for apple season!
Yield: Serves 7
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups organic quick oats (about 150 g)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnut
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, combine sliced apples and vanilla. Toss to combine, set it aside.
Combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter (click for How to Cut in Butter).
Add walnuts and mix well.
Place apples in a baking dish and sprinkle oatmeal mixture over apples.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender.
Serve cold or hot.
Note: Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks!
You might also like these...