Yield: Serves 5
- 1 cup (about 170 g) couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups (about 250 g) canned baby corn, sliced
- 1 cup (about 40 g) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 200 g) cooked white kidney bean, I used canned white kidney bean
- lemon juice (depends on your taste, I added 9 tablespoons; about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (about 60 g) walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
In a medium cooking pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt. Remove from heat. Add couscous and give it a quick stir with a fork. Cover the pot and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
When the couscous is ready, stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Add the chopped walnuts, sliced baby corn, white kidney beans, chopped parsley and garlic powder; mix well. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve at room temperature.