Yield: Serves 3-4
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- sumac for garnish
- salt and black pepper to taste
Toss the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Just before serving, toss with the sunflower kernels, parsley and basil. Garnish with sumac and serve.