Yield: Serves 4
- 2 can sliced beets (each 398 ml), about 4 cups, drained or 3-4 medium sized fresh beets, cooked (click for Cooking Fresh Beets recipe)
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- juice from a whole fresh lemon - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
Slice beets into matchstick julienne cuts.
In a large bowl, toss the matchstick beets and coriander. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to the salad and toss to mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill or serve at room temperature.